Setup & Configuration
Unlike other Tracking services TrackShip seamlessly integrates into WooCommerce store and most of its features are managed inside your WooCommerce admin
The Shipping and delivery email notifications are sent from your store the same way and in the same design template as any other WooCommerce emails, the shipment tracking status will display on the orders admin and you can direct your customer to a tracking page on your store.
navigate to WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > TrackShip
On TrackShip Settings, you will see a TrackShip Status widgets, General Settings and Post-Shipping automation options.
- Connection Status – You can see here your TrackShip connection status
- Current Plan – You can see here your TrackShip current plan
- Trackers Balance – You can see here your TrackShip tracker balance
- Display Shipment Status Filter on the Orders admin – add shipment status filter to the orders admin filters, enabling this option might slow your orders admin if you process large amounts of orders.
- Enable a Tracking Page – Once enabled, the tracking link that is sent to your customers in the order emails and my-account section will direct to a tracking page on your store.
- Select the Tracking Page – The tracking page we create on your store is the default. If you choose a different page as your tracking page, make sure to add the tracking widget shortcode [wcast-track-order] to the selected page content.
- Customize – Customize the tracking page widget
You can enable a custom order status Delivered that will allow you to automate your Post-shipping orders flow. TrackShip will automatically update your orders to Delivered order status once all the shipments are delivered to your customers.
- Enable Custom Order Status Delivered – You can enable this automation to Set order status as delivered when shipment status is delivered.
- Automatically set the Order Status to Delivered – select this option to automatically set the order status to Delivered when all the order shipments are delivered.
WooCommerce post-shipping workflow after connecting TrackShip:
Set up the Tracking Page
TrackShip creates the Order Tracking page in WordPress and automatically adds the [wcast-track-order] shortcode to that page.
If you use a different page as your tracking page, please make sure to add the [wcast-track-order] shortcode to that page content. You can completely design the tracking page with page builders such as UXBuilder or Elementor.
To use the shortcode in your template files or in the my-account endpoints, select “Other” for the tracking page and add the URL of the page you will use the shortcode.
The Tracking Widget will also display on the View Order endpoint in the customer accounts and you can also use the WooCommerce order tracking shortcode.
Your customers will get a direct tracking link that will include the order ID and Order Key parameters taken from the order and allow us to identify the order to display the tracking information.
For example, a link we generate for order 12345:
Please note: If anyone will try to go directly to the tracking page, without the Order ID and Order Key in the URL parameters, they will be presented with the Tracking Page Form and will be required to enter the order ID and the email address to view the tracking information.
Customize the tracking page widget
You can customize and preview the tracking page widget, you can choose the layout, font color, border color, hide the shipping provider logo and/or hide the tracking events using a customizer with live preview:
- Widget Tracker Type – choose between progress bar or icons bar display.
- Border Color – widget border color
- Border Color – widget border color
- Enable Tracking number link to Carrier Website – this will enable a link to the track the order on the shipping provider website.
- Hide Shipping Provider Logo – hides the Shipping Provider logo image from the tracking widget
- Remove TrackShips branding – remove the Trackship branding from tracking page footer from the tracking widget.
- Tracking events display – Choose 3 different options, hide the tracking events, display the last event with option to expand or show the full events, the shipment tracking event details from the tracking widget